Oven-roasted salmon with mashed potatoes and a green veggie is often one of our family’s weekly dinners or weekend lunches. I love that salmon is SO easy to prepare and cook! It feels decadent and special yet it’s one of the easiest and quickest proteins to get out on the table. I prefer to add cherry tomatoes in the same baking dish but will use whatever tomatoes we have on hand. The warm, roasted tomato juice is so good with creamy mashed potatoes.
Salmon fillets to serve the number you have
- Olive oil
- Garlic Powder
- Herbs de Provence or other herb(s) you have
- One or two lemons
- Cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Cut parchment paper to the size of your roasting pan so the cleanup is super easy. I avoid cooking with foil.
- Baste the salmon with olive oil.
- Salt lightly.
- Dust on a light bit of garlic powder.
- Arrange tomatoes and halved open lemons around your fillets
- Add Herbs of Provence over salmon and tomatoes and lemon
- Drizzle a little more olive oil over tomatoes
Bake for approximately 10 minutes for each inch of thickness of your fillets depending on how done you like your salmon. You can check them by gently inserting a fork to see how the middle looks. If it’s opaque in the center or almost, I take it out and get them onto a plate right away so it doesn’t overcook in the hot dish.
I have learned the hard way to stay close to the kitchen, otherwise if I go to another part of the house to do a “quick” chore, I’ll always end up over cooking it. If I’m serving asparagus, I will put that dish into the oven alongside the salmon as they take about the same amount of time to cook for our taste.