I find kale to be a little rough and overbearing in a salad in its raw form, but absolutely love it when it has had a few minutes in a hot oven with olive oil and a bit of salt. I save leftovers and warm them the next day to have alongside my eggs if I’m having them or I’ll have them with whatever I’m having for lunch. Greens are so good for our bodies so I try to have them with at least one, if not two, meals of the day.
- A bunch of kale
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Tear leaves from stems and into smaller pieces.
- Rinse well.
- Place in your baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle a dash of salt around. Careful here - it’s easy to oversalt!
- Massage the oil into the kale.
You can cook it until it’s crispy if that suits your taste. I prefer to take mine out when it is gently softened which takes about 7-8 minutes. I also find it tastes much better leftover this way.